Atholl Towers, the premium, AAA-grade green office space in Sandton, Johannesburg, has been awarded a 5 Star Green Star Office Design v1 rating by the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA).
The Atholl Towers building development achieved this rating as a result of its advanced eco-friendly technology and green office space features, which include:
- Low energy consumption electrical fittings and motion detectors
- Low water consumption sanitary ware
- Highly efficient heat recovery VRV air-conditioning system
- Floor plates which showcase the magnificent views over Sandton and towards the East (especially the premium 5th and 6th floors)
- Imported double-glazed, laminated and toughened glazing which contributes to energy efficiency and optimal thermal comfort
- Harvested rain water is used to supply urinals, toilets and irrigation.
- Storage of over 30,000 litres of harvested water and 10,000 litres of potable water to keep business operating, should water supply be interrupted
- A 500kVA generator to keep the lights and computers running in the event of load shedding or power cuts
- A market-leading comprehensive Building Management System (BMS) is installed to monitor the performance of the low energy electrical fittings and low water consumption fittings – this all contributes to the long term savings tenants can expect to achieve on electrical and water bills
The Atholl Towers’ green office space delivers substantial savings to operating costs, with targeted electrical consumption at around R10 per square metre. The building development can operate off the grid for as long as necessary (provided that diesel is available) in the event of load shedding or water shortages, thanks to its generator and water harvesting capacity. The sleek, modern design coupled with cutting-edge green office space technology make Atholl Towers an iconic and future-proof addition to the Sandton skyline.
Atholl Towers has 7,500 square metres of prime, energy-efficient green office space to let. Macsteel and MUR Shipping currently occupy the top two floors of the building and are both extremely satisfied with their choice of innovative green office space. Commercial property available to let range from 1,600 square metres (GLA) to 7,500 square metres (GLA) on the remaining four floors.
For more industrial and commercial property letting information, please contact:
Gary Woolf (Developments) on + 27 (0) 82 782 3327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Atholl Towers here.